There will be another TYPO3 Code Sprint in Freiburg/Germany from November 02 - November 04. The topics this time will be the TYPO3 CMS ExtensionBuilder and the TYPO3 Flow PackageBuilder.
The TYPO3 community from Freiburg organizes another Code Sprint on November 02 - November 04.
- supports agile development,
- helps developers focus on DDD (Domain Driven Design),
- enables developers to model their domains for both TYPO3 CMS and TYPO3 flow. Using one and the same tool for developing TYPO3 CMS and TYPO3 Flow will be essential for being able to exchange work between the projects.
The actual ExtensionBuilder for TYPO3 CMS is a great sucess, but is reaching its limits for usability, frontend code maintenance and portability. A new approach is on the way which includes:
- an improved extendable modeler interface
- namespaces and composer adaptions
- code generation of TYPO3 CMS extensions and Flow/Neos packages from a single interface
You are invited to participate in the Code Sprint if you have experiences in one of the following areas:
- PHP composer (Composer is a tool for dependency management in PHP. It allows you to declare the dependent libraries your project needs and it will install them in your project for you.),
- unit/function/acceptance tests
The TYPO3 wiki provides a good overview of what tasks need to be done and there might be on that is interesting for you to work on: http://wiki.typo3.org/Code_Sprint_2_Freiburg_2012
Read the full news article on typo3.org